Veritas is a new restaurant and lounge named after the Roman goddess of truth located in a heritage warehouse space (formerly Bravo and Topo’s Ristorante). Late night menu after 10pm available in the upstairs lounge.
- The clam chowder was probably the best I've ever had. It had a bit of that film on top when something sits underneath the heat lamps for too long though.
- I had the salmon which was very good but a tad on the small side
- My wife had a steak and the seasoning/flavour was very very good. It was a bit chewy though.
- Nice compact menu with a focus on local foods
- Very friendly talkative staff. It was our waiter's second day and he had to consult with the bar and the kitchen on a few items but he was quick and pleasant about it.
- He had all of the larger groups (6+) laughing most of the night and left the smaller tables (2) to ourselves which was nice
- Good ($8) cocktail list. I'm a margarita snob and theirs didn't disappoint.
- They offer a combo three course menu ($30 compared to $45 individually)
- Neat building, lots of very old exposed brickwork, huge windows, natural light and views of the harbour