Is a New Zealand based pizza chain that has since expanded to Australia, UK, Ireland, and Canada. Notable for pizzas and pasta dishes with hell-themed names. This second Vancouver location is opening in 2012.
This pizza place is fantastic, just don't expect some kind of Domino's/Pizza Hut crap.
It's hard to write down everything that makes this place one of my favourites, but I'm going to try in list format.
• Unique toppings: They have all your standard pizza toppings, but I personally feel it's better to be adventurous. You can get pine nuts, pickles, apricot sauce, capers. All kinds of crazy stuff.
• Cheese Variety: You can get everything from Brie, Blue Cheese, to smoked cheddar on your pizzas. Even Daiya vegan cheese. It is amazing.
• You can customize your your pizzas to be vegan, lactose free, and even gluten free.
• The large pizza boxes fold into a smaller coffin (yes, coffin) when you're done to put your left over slices conveniently into the fridge... thereby avoiding the problem of large pizza boxes in the fridge.
• The spice rating: I wish all pizza places had this. You can go no spice on your pizza if you want, but you can also choose from 6 levels of spice rating. The last being so very hot fresh cut chillis on the pizza. So good if you like adding some heat to your flavour. They also have a game called Pizza Roulette where they put a few drops of the hottest chilli sauce known to man on one slice of the pizza... with the tag, "it's free, but someone always pays". It makes eating pizza more interesting.
• The drinks are cheap. Last time I was in they had all the import beers on for $3.75 a bottle (Heinekin and Steinlager), and I think it was $3.50 for a bottle of Stanley Park Ale.
I personally love the Hell theme, and the staff are super friendly. It is a great place to eat in, or take out. But if you take out, you can't take advantage of the cheap beer.