Sushi Yama is special depending on what type of sushi goer you are. It can be compared to your favourite breakfast place. It is by far and away the best value and food quality in the Broadway, Cambie and even Kitsilano area.
Sushi Restaurant Criteria Checklist:
1. Japanese restaurant run by Japanese people - check
2. Clean - check
3. Sashimi size - check, check
4. Sashimi quality - check, check
4. Not too much rice on the sushi rolls - check
5. Proportional filling to rice - check
6. Variety - check, check
7. Value - check, check, check
- Great value for the hockey team, kids, date, and anyone on a budget who wants to spend less than $30 for 2 ppl.
- Very casual and accessible
- They have the best Assorted Sushi plate in town.
- The rolls are good size and very tasty
- Excellent tuna carpacio
- They are very friendly and service is fast!
- Interior is simple and a bit messy
- Very busy with lineups during peak hours
- Your sushi order does not come all together at once
- They might forget part of your order because they are so busy!
The writer: Is a former chef, server and former restaurant sanitation inspector and avid restaurant goer in the lower mainland.