Submitted Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 11:32pm [Dine in]
We just got back from the Thurlow location. Most of what we had were delicous. We had one order of each of the following:
- Assortment of Six Pieces of Oden / Not bad. most items were great
- Grilled Beef Short Rib / Delicious!
- Grilled Ling Cod & Mushroom with Garlic Spinach Sauce / Average, nothing special
- Baked Chicken & Eggplant & Mushroom with Garlic Tomato Sauce "Gtatin" / An Italian flavour to this: Delicious!
- Deep-Fried Prawns with Spicy Mayonnaise Sauce / Awesome!
- Chopped Fresh Salmon "Sashimi Yukke" with Garlic Soy / Delicious!
- Coffee jelly with cream & chocolate / YuMMMM!
The setting was LOUD. The waitress yelled over my head to the cook to place my order: I was momentarily deafened by this. Service is lacking, but we expected this via the previous reviews. Yes, I would go here again.
Was this review helpful? 0 / 2 users found this review helpful.
Submitted Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 8:34pm [Dine in]
Being used to establishments like "Udupi Madras Cafe" and "Saravana Bhavan" in Mississauga, I was hoping that the "House of Dosas" was same or better. Alas, the Dosas were cold, very salty and not crispy enough (Paper Masala Dosas).
The service was good, but the ambiance was terrible (screaming kids). The washroom was dirty and an open garbage can was present near it. The only good thing @ this restaurant was the beef curry, which was decent. Do NOT go here if you are used to good Dosas in Ontario, Sri Lanka or India.
Was this review helpful? 5 / 5 users found this review helpful.