I'd been a frequent customer of the Kisha Poppo downtown so was happy to find one in Richmond. We've been a few times now, mostly at dinner and always for the all-you-can-eat sushi menu. The pros and cons:
On the pro side:
- The choices for the all-you-can-eat menu are extensive; I'm not a big fan of rice, and have lots of things to choose from.
- The food comes relatively quickly, so you can order small amounts and keep ordering, without getting funny looks.
- The portions are on the small side, so you can taste a lot of choices without filling up on one or two things.
- Seafood motoyaki, teriyaki chicken, tempura ... they all come hot and tasty. I've never found the gomae watery, either.
- The tea keeps coming, and you're not rushed.
On the con side:
- They don't have a wheat-free soy sauce option. I didn't ask about low-sodium.
I've seen nothing but bad reviews for this place, and I don't understand it. I've eaten out a lot, and am relatively picky. I never had a bad experience here and am going back this week for a birthday party, that's how confident I am about it.