- The clam chowder was probably the best I've ever had. It had a bit of that film on top when something sits underneath the heat lamps for too long though.
- I had the salmon which was very good but a tad on the small side
- My wife had a steak and the seasoning/flavour was very very good. It was a bit chewy though.
- Nice compact menu with a focus on local foods
- Very friendly talkative staff. It was our waiter's second day and he had to consult with the bar and the kitchen on a few items but he was quick and pleasant about it.
- He had all of the larger groups (6+) laughing most of the night and left the smaller tables (2) to ourselves which was nice
- Good ($8) cocktail list. I'm a margarita snob and theirs didn't disappoint.
- They offer a combo three course menu ($30 compared to $45 individually)
- Neat building, lots of very old exposed brickwork, huge windows, natural light and views of the harbour
Was this review helpful? 2 / 3 users found this review helpful.
Submitted Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 1:09pm [Dine in]
Avoid the hype and high prices of Dolce Amore. Gelato Time has extremely friendly staff, and much lower prices. They only have a few seats outside, but Grandview Park is across the street. We typically order the "kids size" which is $1.75 and includes two flavours.
Was this review helpful? 0 / 2 users found this review helpful.