When I first encountered Posh in Richmond, I'd already wanted to try it. But for one reason or another, I didn't try it until my cousin from Japan came to visit. Great experience there.
I personally love AYCE hotpot. My boyfriend, not so much. he doesn't think it's worth the $18. Posh however, is only $14 for dinner... but I was still hesitant to bring him there because they only had 2 kinds of meat (and he loves meat).
But finally, we went to the Burnaby one the other day and he actually loved it! love the sauce, the meat, THE SERVICE!!, the price, the whole package! Here it is broken down:
Duration: ~1hr30 min
Food: Great beef, very good selection of veggies, excellent sukiyaki sauce. I love how it comes with a raw egg for dipping (usually other (more $$) restaurants charge for raw egg). However, the pot water/sauce did become kind of oily because of all the beef we consumed.
Ambiance: Much bigger than the Richmond location. very neat decor, modern. Booths were comfy. Great for smaller parties, but had a few tables of ~10+. Open kitchen, which was great because it looked really clean inside.
Service: AMAZING!! from the first call to see what time they close, till the very last goodbye, the service was prompt, polite, and attentive! Points to recognize:
- The server and manager both spoke fluent English (cuz I’m the only one that speaks Chinese well, normally I’m the one fetching stuff from the canto-only servers).
- we were sat promptly
- we were asked if this was our first time here, and the server took the time to explain how the sukiyaki works
- empty plates were taken away right away (surprisingly fast and sneaky about it too, which is a good thing)
- smiley, said thanks and plz
- their last call is for veggies only, plates of meat can still be ordered after that!!!!!
- the manager himself came up to deliver our bill, and asked us very politely and apologetically to clear it because they are closing their till. He made it clear that we are welcome to stay and finish, and is sorry that he has to ask.
I know that this seems like a normal "white-food" restaurant service. but for all Chinese staff and Asian food, this is SPECTACULAR. I’m so excited for them, and will definitely be coming back for more delicious AYCE Hotpot.