Submitted Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 2:35pm [Dine in]
We went on a weeknight and received great service. Our waiter vividly described the taste of each of our selections when we were deciding what to order. The brilliant explanation of the subtle flavors in the meats and cheeses, and an equally elaborate description of the wines prepared us for a delicious “tasting” experience.
Was this review helpful? 0 / 1 users found this review helpful.
Submitted Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 11:18am [Dine in]
I've always had an enjoyable lunch or dinner at Hi-Nippon. The trick is to sit in the booth, and if that’s not possible then go somewhere else when it is busy, which is easy because the neighborhood is full of restaurants.
The restaurant has two sections, one contains ordinary tables and chairs, and the other had traditional looking booths where you must remove your shoes before sitting down. If you eat here you must absolutely sit in the booth otherwise you’re missing out on the experience.
Was this review helpful? 3 / 5 users found this review helpful.
Submitted Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 10:48am [Dine in]
Everything about this place was solid except the service, which was terrible. Heed this warning! Some of the service problems included:
- Going a long time (15+ minutes), looking at an empty pint waiting for the waitress to come by so we could order another round
- Waiting forever for drinks in a practically empty restaurant.
- Having the waitress bring our drinks and forget one or two people's drinks and forget that they even ordered at all, so they had to re-order.
- The missed drinks fiasco re-occurring several times.
- Two people in our group who never received their dinner.
- The staff apologizing and not charging us for some drinks/food.
Stay clear of this place until they get their act together.