Submitted Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 11:56am [Dine in]
G'friend took me there for my 42nd. Will make it brief in point form:
- Bar: 5/10. Bartender needs to go back to school. Whiskey sour consisted of him pouring a shot of bourbon into a glass with some ice and lemon mix.
- Wait Staff: 8/10. Friendly and attentive.
- Steak: 6/10. Gristly and too damn salty (Sirloin with Peppercorn). However was cooked right.
- Bread: 2/10. Lame
- Baked Potato: 7/10. Chincy on the Sour Cream
- Asparagus: 4/10. Flavourless
Over the past 3-4 years they have batted a 1/4 in my experience. Last one at the Keg in Yaletown was better. Previous one at the Keg at Granville Island was like this one; underwhemling as was the previous one in Whister about 2 years ago.
Bill was in excess of $100. I think you can get better for that price.
Will not be doing Keg again on my dime. Too bad; they used to be good value for money.
Was this review helpful? 14 / 20 users found this review helpful.
Submitted Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 12:50am [Dine in]
Drinks were ok, but the very short female bartender took the money for the bill and assumed that the leftover was the tip. When we asked for the change she was arrogant and snorted contemptuously. Ruined an otherwise fair night. Wont be returning. Wont be recommending the place unless we hear she has moved on.
Was this review helpful? 2 / 5 users found this review helpful.