After hearing a lot about Pied a Terre we went last night and we have been very disappointed. The restaurant looks very nice, it was not too noisy, even if the restaurant was packed.
We here 4, we order, 3 pastis, 1 kir for aperitif. I bottle of wine, 1 parfait of foie gras and a terrine to share, plus a main course each.
This is what we got:
• The foie gras parfait was a mousse; it was good but light of foie gras, a little bit salted • The terrine was nice but a little bit salted
• We order the 3 skates wings that were on special, and they were horrible. The fish was rotten and was tasting ammonium which is the typical characteristic of bad skate. I still have the taste this morning after my coffee. Yak!
• Our 4th friend orders the rabbit and was happy with it.
• We return our 3 skates plates and we got 3 different beef cuts.
• My wife took the Sirloin and found it difficult to eat it because it was full of nerves.
• I took an onglet to change my main and the meat was not good either.
The meat tasted bad, like old fridge taste. May be my taste buds where altered by the fish, but anyway I could not eat it.
• We share a chocolate mousse thinking that we couldn’t get wrong with chocolate. Hum the chocolate was delicious, but the mousse was not mousse, it had the texture of cream, no air, nu bubbles, and no lightness. The mousse has nothing to compare with the chocolate mousse of Bistro, Bistro which is excellent.
• All the foods where well presented, with the tendency to be slightly too salted.
• The service was great, even if we did not get offered a glass of water. They really try to make it up, which was nice. They serve us a cup of soup of the day, to make us waiting while changing the meat, and gives us a bottle of red wine on the house to mach our new main choice.
The situation has been very well handled by the waitress.
• It was no soap in the washrooms. How this can be?
There is plenty of reasons that can explain what happened to our main courses, and they are all inadmissible. I hope they will learn from this review, and make sure it never happened gain.