Submitted Saturday, November 6, 2010 - 8:18pm [Dine in]
Their Chinese food is absolutely incredible and very good quality for an incredible price. They have added a sushi bar into their already tiny restaurant and I can order sashimi and fried rice in the same order. The mood is homey, peaceful and relaxing. Beautiful interior and wonderful service from everybody. All of the Dunbar locals eat there regularly.
Was this review helpful? 0 / 1 users found this review helpful.
Submitted Saturday, November 6, 2010 - 8:11pm [Dine in]
I love Hons on Robson. I've been going there for years for cheap, fast, yummy food with prompt service. I went there on Friday around 2:30pm. Here's what happened . . .
1. I waited 30 mins for my order to be taken despite calling out loudly for waitresses attention.
2. The waitress could barely understand my order and asked me to repeat 3 times.
3. My order of noodles with BBQ Pork was barely hot with lukewarm/cold noodles in the middle- it had been sitting for quite some time. My order of shredded lettuce and chicken fried rice didn't even have peas in it which it should. The wonton soup had shrivelled wontons which looked quite old.
4. While I looked around I observed a couple of things- an employee scraping out food grime beside the washing stations, spilling utensils onto the dirty floor at least 4-5 times and then re-using them. And on the wall above me . . . greasy stains, grime, and I counted 39 fruit flies swarming on the walls.
5. Employees didn't look each other in the eyes or work together.
6. Another customer nearby waited 15 minutes just to get change from his bill, he had to shout out to the waitress which she said . . oh yah yahhh in a minute!
7. When I paid the bill the waitress came back and said . . .Ohhh . . . . .there is no tip here. I gave her a look of death and she backed off.
(Word to the wise)- my tip was not calling the Vancouver Health Authorites that instant!
Was this review helpful? 1 / 9 users found this review helpful.