A friend from Delta recommended this restaurant to me (it was around the corner from her house) so I decided to invite a long-time friend to join me there for dinner last night. I'm lucky that we're still friends.
Aside from the snippy waitress who tried her hardest to smile through gritted teeth, we endured food that would make anyone who considered "Greek" their favourite style of cuisine, cringe at the misnomer.
The thing I was most surprised with was the quality of the food. I ordered the spanokopita entree and it arrived charred. We're not talking brown - we're talking blackened charred. What shocked me was that it had to pass through the line cook, the expo and the waitress to get to me and apparently passed their stamp of approval with flying colours. Needless to say it was inedible and when I sent it back another was returned, not black this time, but dark brown. At this point sending it back would have been ridiculous. The vegetables were swimming in olive oil, the rice dry and the pita seemed stale.
My friend ordered the "Village Chicken" which was chicken covered in a clumpy, congealed mushroom sauce. She had a few bites and pushed it aside, and being the gracious person that she is, didn't want to embarass me by talking about my now, poor restaurant choice for the evening.
A complete and total waste of 45 dollars. Sorry reviewers who gave this place a high rating. You really need to get out more -- there are several excellent Greek restaurants within 10 km of this place.