I went to this restaurant yesterday, it looked nice from the outside and was decent on the inside. We sat outside as it was a nice day and there was a nice view.
The food to say the least is highly overpriced, although I expected it to be somewhat higher due to the location. At other restaurants usually the price matches the quality and, or portion size. Unfortunately, this was the not the case. My friend ordered Chicken Teriyaki and I ordered two standard rolls - Dynamite and Yam Tempera. It appears the waitress may have misunderstood my friend since he received a Bento Box instead.
Let's start with my friend's meal $12:
- not very much chicken
- the chicken appeared to be steamed or boiled and then a teriyaki sauce smeared on top (usually they grill/crisp the chicken somehow)
- one entire compartment of this bento box was taken up by a 'bowl shaped' mound of rice...usually they put this underneath the chicken as rice is usually complimentary
- 3 pieces of a California Roll (most places seem to provide a full roll and, or a combination of other rolls), also note California Roll had a chunk of imitation crap as opposed to shredded however this could be just the way they do this
- very small salad (pretty normal)
- some form of gelatin like transparent noodles
My meal $15 ($8 Dynamite Roll, $7 Yam Tempera Roll):
- small sizes
- seaweed on the outside made it chewy
- generally not very tasty
It's hard to mess up these rolls, but I was looking for something more with these given the price. I also had trouble getting the waitress to come over with some water and spent a few minutes waving my arm in the air in the hopes of one of the two servers in an empty restaurant (expected on a Monday) to come over...
I'm sorry but bottom line is I won't be coming back. Next time I will be trying the other sushi place nearby.