Submitted Monday, September 3, 2012 - 10:29pm [Dine in]
Visited this restaurant for the first time last week and it did not disappoint.
The restaurant is setup quite nicely in this budding area surrounded by condo developments.
Service was excellent; staff were really friendly and personable.
Great place to go for a healthy meal at a reasonable price.
I especially enjoyed the variety of unique sauces offered to customers along with the soup and bowl of rice that comes with each meal.
I am usually an AYCE guy, but I believe most people can get by with just stuffing one bowl with as many items as desired.
My only suggestion for improvement would be for the introduction of fish if possible (along with the beef, pork, tofu and chicken already served).
I will definitely be returning here often especially with their great AYCE Monday and lunch prices.
Was this review helpful? 18 / 27 users found this review helpful.
One of the Best AYCE Options in Surrey, B.C. (Noticeable Improvement)
Submitted Friday, November 4, 2011 - 12:20am [Dine in]
I recently attended this hard-to-pronounce restaurant with my friends last Monday, after not being at this restaurant for nearly a year.
My last experience here, the Korean BBQ aspect of dinging was quite poor, the sushi was terribly rolled and prepared and the eating experience overall was just very substandard and did not justify the dinner all you can eat price.
This time around there was a definite improvement in service (I would rate it a 7/10) with the manager being very involved in bringing out the food and drinks. The quality of sushi was fantastic and for those people who live in surrey, it is really difficult to find a solid sushi restaurant that prepares a variety of speciality rolls which are both reasonably priced and taste good. Lastly, I want to point to the quality of the Korean BBQ which I thought was really good since the meats tasted great and it did not feel like we were receiving micro waved food.
Overall, this restaurant has notably improved and I would recommend anyone who is dining here to get the $16.99 Deluxe dinner AYCE option because it is really worth it if you’re going 2 eat out, go big or go home.
Was this review helpful? 9 / 18 users found this review helpful.
The best quality and most affordable sushi you might find in the entire Lower Mainland, Sushi Garden is superior in their ability to quickly deliver delish and aesthetically pleasing food. Both locations are great, despite the long lines due to popularity it is really worth the wait. I love sushi and have been to several restaurants around the lower mainland, nobody has the quality, portion sizes and affordability like Sushi Garden. If I can say one bad thing about this location (around Brentwood Mall) is the lack of free parking in front of the restaurant or on the nearby streets.
Was this review helpful? 41 / 54 users found this review helpful.
It is extremely difficult to find a restaurant in Burnaby that can be jazzy, but at the same time deliver reasonably priced food that is tantalizing. Nathan’s Grill was found on a random “Google-Day” and through the website I believed this place to be a hidden gem, alternative to going downtown. Keep in mind this critique is based on having a party of 30 people here so take everything with a grain of salt...
- The food was very tasty, everyone in our party enjoyed what they ordered and I heard no complaints about the drinks either. The menu is definitely one of the better ones I have seen in a very long time offering a little bit of everything.
- Inside of this restaurant was a bit fresh and uptown, I would not go as far as say chic as their website advertises however it was modernized.
- This restaurant is in the middle of nowhere, which can be taken as good and bad because you don’t have to worry about pay parking or busy streets.
*FOREMOST* They were showing both the UFC event in Toronto and the Vancouver Canucks playoff games on the 4 large plasma televisions throughout the restaurant.
- The Staff here does not seem as competent and proficient as other big-time restaurants you will visit in Vancouver. I had 8 confirmation emails sent back and forth between the bar manager who ended up not having my parties table ready when we arrived on time. What ended up happening was an unacceptable experience in hospitality that should not happen to anyone no matter what restaurant you attend.
- *PARAMOUNT* from the outside, this restaurant looks dull and unattractive...period. There is one small parking lot for about 10 vehicles, after that most people had to be parked along the muddy side of the road.
- Since they only had three staff, they could not take care of all aspects of this restaurant including the flooding toilets which really made a loathsome impression on many patrons.
- Additionally due to the lack of staff, the food took a long time to arrive to patrons. If you are going with a group of four people or more be prepared to practice a lot of patience for your meal.
- Upon arrival, there were several children running around this bantam restaurant like it was a jungle gym. I do not dislike kids or anything, however for a Bar & Grill that is showing Mixed Martial Arts on television and serving alcohol, why would you allow this?
Was this review helpful? 34 / 37 users found this review helpful.