Submitted Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 3:31am [Dine in]
We have dined at Ming Shing many times.
Unfortunately the owners seem to have lost their passion.
Wontons had a soury old taste and the soup was greasy tasting and without flavour.
Sweet and sour pork was full of fat and chewy. One of the pieces tasted old to say the least.
The other dishes where alright.
I really like it there and hope they will get a fresh grip on how to run a successful restaurant.
Was this review helpful? 5 / 14 users found this review helpful.
Submitted Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 3:13am [Dine in]
I am a former head chef and have been at this restaurant before and after it has changed hands.
It has it's challenges but was absolutely decent until the new owners arrived.
Why do Asian people try to run a Mexican restaurant in Canada anyway?! There are so many other options.
And here is the ugly truth:
- Food not up to standarts.
- Plates are dirty and not checked by the staff or the owners. Disgusting!
- Doug shells are stored on the oven under the kitchen ventilation system.
- They should be stored in a dry, cool and dark place, away from grease, dirt and contamination.
- The cook doesn't know the menu. Items are missing and the food is burned, dry, or not even hot.
- Cleanliness is not one of the priorities of this establishment. I have seen service staff packing leftovers with bare hands that were not washed after handling money.
The owners aren't even there most of the time to check on quality and seem to run the restaurant more as a hobby than a business. The menu is still the old one from the previous owners with things blacked out and it looks ridiculous this way.
The restaurant has clearly great potential but is run very poorly.
A shame for such a great spot to be!
Was this review helpful? 18 / 34 users found this review helpful.